Although the term "information technology" often brings to mind images of computers and glossy gadgets, sometimes a technological development can be as simple as a piece of paper. This multimedia timeline details several centuries’ worth of innovations that have impacted the LIS field, starting in 3000 B.C. with the first written records and ending with the gadgets of today.
I put together this presentation using a fun interactive tool, TimelineJS. I highly recommend it; the script has even made an appearance or two on our website at work!
(If you are using an older browser that can't handle interactives, you can view the slides in a PDF here.)
I really love simplicity of this timeline, and I am happy to see that I chose a lot of the same highlights as you (because I honestly was not confident in what I was doing with this assignment).
ReplyDeleteWhile, constructing my own timeline I looked at several online options, but opted for something that would allow me to export into Powerpoint and Youtube since I wasn't happy with any of the embeddable timelines that I had come across and was unsure about what sort of files we could submit. I wish I had know about Timeline JS before I settled with Beedocs Timeline 3d! Beedocs allowed me to create a lovely timeline, but when I exported to powerpoint (via Keynote btw) it turned all of my slide transitions into separate external Quicktime movies which are hotlinked to the powerpoint. This meant that when I uploaded the powerpoint I was left with still images of each slide without the smooth transitions (very wonky!).
Glad you like it! It's a fun tool that's super easy to use. I didn't even have to do much coding because TimelineJS will pull in files from Google Docs. I hope I get a chance to use it again sometime soon!
Delete